Because we believe that you shouldn’t have to provide personal information to participate in the free knowledge movement, you may:
- Read, and edit, without registering an account.
- Register for an account without providing
- an email address or real name.
Because we want to understand how this site is used so we can make them better for you, we collect some information when you:
- public contributions
- Register an account or update your user page.
- Use our Sites.
- Send us emails or participate in a survey or give feedback:
- Using reasonable measures to keep your information secure.
- Never sell
- your information or sharing it with third parties for marketing purposes.
- Any content you add or any change that you make to a Wikimedia Site will be publicly and permanently available.
- If you add content or make a change to a Wikimedia Site
- without logging in,
- that content or change will be publicly and permanently attributed to the IP address used at the time rather than a username.
- Our community of volunteer editors and contributors is a self-policing body. Certain administrators of the Wikimedia Sites, who are chosen by the community, use tools that grant them limited access to nonpublic information about recent contributions so they may protect the Wikimedia Sites and enforce policies.
- As part of our commitment to education and research around the world, we occasionally release public information and aggregated or non-personal information to the general public through data dumps and data sets.