- 1 Have you locked your phone? Do you have any idea what to do to unlock it?
- 1.1 The beginning of the code – A PIN number
- 1.2 Important thing:
- 1.2.1 Possibility:
- 188.8.131.52 For some, it may be irritating needing to type in an account every time they turn on their mobile phone. In this situation, you also have an option of deactivating the option. The only disadvantage is that, if you do have lost your SIM card, the person who discovers the card will have to view your personal information.
- 1.2.1 Possibility:
Have you locked your phone? Do you have any idea what to do to unlock it?
Author: Osman zunnorain
We are discussing the biometric locks or passwords you use to unlock your cell phone. This is specifically regarding using the SIM card. If for some reason, you forget the PIN code and entered it incorrectly 3 times in a row, the mobile device will lock, and there is only one method of unlocking the phone to allow it to be used again.
The beginning of the code – A PIN number
As time passes it is less necessary to learn & try to remember all the phone numbers and e-mail addresses that we have on our phones.
As you could imagine the important and personal information stored in that plastic disc could pose a risk in the event that the phone is stolen. Others could be able to see the data stored on the SIM card simply by placing it in a non-locked cell phone. We would like to ensure that this does not happen to you, but it is always advisable to be prepared.
To ensure that only you are able to gain access to the data on the card, utilize a PIN number. The PIN is a short form for Personal Identification Number and it’s a number that allows you access to SIM details.
Each time you reboot your device, it asks you to enter four numbers. That is the PIN. When you purchase a SIM card arrives with a piece of plastic with details about the mobile provider. Inside you are able to find the pin number as well as the PUK code (later we’ll talk about it). The PIN displayed in the picture is the code you must write down when you input the card for the first time using your phone.
It is possible to use that code, but you are able to modify it at any time (that can increase security if you’re worried about this).
For some, it may be irritating needing to type in an account every time they turn on their mobile phone. In this situation, you also have an option of deactivating the option. The only disadvantage is that, if you do have lost your SIM card, the person who discovers the card will have to view your personal information.
How can I disable or alter the code for a PIN?
This will be useful for those who do not like using a PIN code, but if you do not have it and want to enable it, the steps will also help you.
If you own an iPhone Follow these steps:
- Go to Settings.
- Find your cell phone option.
- Select the option that reads SIM PIN.
- You must turn off the Lock SIM card option.
- If it prompts you to enter your PIN code, and you’ve not previously changed it you can enter the default (you will find it on the plastic card from which the SIM card was purchased). If you have previously changed it then enter the new code.
For changing your pin you must:
- The same steps should be followed as earlier, and then on the SIM PIN menu, click on Switch SIM PIN. The app will likely request the last PIN.
If you’re using an Android Follow these steps:
- Go to Settings.
- Select the slide and then an option for Security.
- Click on the Set-Up SIM security lock for your card.
- Turn off the Lock SIM card option.
If you want to change the PIN you must:
- Visit The SIM card lock settings and click to change the SIM PIN. If it asks for the information from the previous SIM card’s information, you can use the exact information as before is valid. How do you unlock the SIM Card without PUK Code?
I have locked my SIM card! What should I do?
If you entered the wrong PIN code three times, you, unfortunately, locked your SIM card. That means you do not have access to the network or your contacts, so you really cannot make calls or use the data. Of course, you will want an immediate solution!
There’s only one possible solution to this problem: locate your PUK number.
After you have locked your phone, it will prompt you to enter the PUK number. It is a short form in the form of a Personal Unlocking Key. Consider it as another chance to retrieve the SIM cards back.
The first place you can find the PUK code on the SIM card is on the plastic card that we talked about earlier (where the SIM card was purchased). But, the majority of people who purchase SIM cards will simply throw away the plastic, thereby losing the PIN and PUK codes.
What is the best way to find my PUK number?
Well, you cannot unlock your SIM card if you do not have your PUK code. However, we can tell you other ways in which you can get it!
One way to do this is to contact customer service. They’ll give you all the details once you provide them with personal details (name address, name). Another method to obtain the PUK code is to go to the website of your carrier when they have an account. Simply sign in, and you’ll discover the PUK code within your profile. How do you unlock the SIM Card without PUK Code?
Be aware, for If you type in the incorrect code 10 times your card will be ineffective and you’ll need to purchase a new one.
Our suggestion on this subject is to always keep the details (PIN/PUK Number) from the SIM Card somewhere safely stored. This can help you stay out of trouble if, sadly you decide to have your phone locked. It is always advisable to have security measures in place to protect your personal information. However, you should remember that if you lose you losing your SIM card, you’ll require both PIN and PUK codes. If you don’t, you’ll end up losing the SIM card and have to purchase another one!